Corporate Compliance Certificate Program
Pitt Law’s Online Corporate Compliance Certificate program is designed for U.S. and foreign corporate employees who already work in the corporate compliance field, or wish to make a career move to focus on this area of business, making this certificate program perfect for paralegals, lawyers, and other compliance professionals in finance, internal audit, human resources and environmental sustainability.
After earning your Corporate Compliance Certificate, you will know how to establish an effective program to monitor organizational misconduct, audit compliance and ethics risks, evaluate the effectiveness of the ethics and compliance program, and much more. Enhance your career by expanding your knowledge, skills, and professional understanding of corporate compliance with Pitt Law.
- Learn on your schedule with asynchronous classes
- Certificates can be completed in 10 months
- Learn from experienced, working legal experts who teach and practice corporate compliance
- Gain access to a valued and diverse network of colleagues and mentors within the Pitt Law and broader Pitt communities
- Learn how to establish an effective corporate compliance program
- For non-lawyers, build concentrated expertise to work more knowledgeably with lawyers
Download Program Brochure
Are you considering a master’s degree in law or a graduate certificate to take your career to the next level? Our Master of Studies in Law online program is designed for professionals seeking to enhance their careers with a versatile alternative to the traditional three-year JD. The certificate programs are ideal for those who are not currently looking to pursue a master’s degree.
Complete the form to get a program brochure for Pitt Law’s Online MSL plus your chosen specialization, or your chosen certificate program, delivered to your inbox.
Pitt Law’s Corporate Compliance Certificate Program Students
The Corporate Compliance Certificate is ideal for:
- U.S. and international professionals who work in a corporate environment and are focused on, or looking to focus on, securities compliance, antitrust issues, and other compliance-related activities
- U.S. and international non-lawyers, including paralegals and other business professionals who work closely with lawyers day-to-day, including financial, insurance, and legal support professionals
- U.S. lawyers who wish to expand their knowledge and practice portfolio of corporate compliance
- Foreign-qualified lawyers seeking a flexibly obtained U.S. credential that does not require residence in the U.S.
Position yourself for leadership in:
- Corporate compliance and ethics
- Regulatory affairs
- Compliance program training
- Policy development, including Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
- Auditing and monitoring
- Financial fraud
- Environmental and other corporate compliance
Objectives of the Online Corporate Compliance Certificate Program
The Corporate Compliance Certificate program was developed to meet the growing need for compliance professionals. Busy professionals will build a strong compliance foundation by learning how to:
- Understand the fundamentals of corporate compliance
- Design a compliance program from the ground up, as well as related policies and procedures
- Evaluate the effectiveness of ethics and compliance programs
- Work with third-party mechanisms to report misconduct and seek advice
- Audit for compliance and ethics risks
- Manage other issues around public company disclosures and compliance programs
- Understand the nuances of the different potential clientele students may work with, such as individuals, for-profit and nonprofit corporations, and hybrid and governmental entities
Corporate Compliance Certificate Courses
The Corporate Compliance Certificate consists of five courses totalling 15 credits.
- Introduction to Corporate Compliance (3 credits)
- Ethics and Compliance Programs (3 credits)
- Designing, Measuring Effectiveness, and Auditing Compliance Programs (3 credits)
- Conducting Investigations and Risk Assessments (3 credits)
- Special Topics in Compliance Seminar (3 credits)
Meet Corporate Compliance Online Program Director Monica Deoras
Over the course of her career, Professor Deoras has led more than 100 global strategic transactions, including sales and vendor agreements, M&A, and joint ventures special expertise for international transactions in APAC, EMEA, and the Americas. She has negotiated inbound and outbound licenses with customers, partners, and vendors, and has prepared a comprehensive suite of agreements to serve as procurement templates for equipment, engineering, consulting services, and software for supply chain.
Among her past recognitions, Professor Deoras is proud to have been appointed as Westinghouse Electric Company’s representative to the U.S.-India Contact Group on International Nuclear Liability established by President Obama and Prime Minister Modi to address nuclear liability issues in India.
Earning Your Corporate Compliance Certificate is Just the Beginning
With your certificate, you will have a sure footing in commercial business law. You will also have the option to pursue the Master of Studies in Law degree for 15 additional credits to build a strong foundation in U.S. law should you decide to continue your educational journey with Pitt Law. If you successfully complete your certificate courses with a B, you can be considered for the MSL degree program, which requires 15 additional credits.
Pitt Law opens doors for you. Start your journey today.